Terms & Privacy
Your privacy is critically important to us.
Personal Information: identifying information about an individual that does not contain health care information. For example, a person’s age, address, and telephone number.
GRACE JASMIN collects personal information. As such, GRACE JASMIN maintains privacy in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA sets guidelines for how private sector organizations may collect, use or disclose personal information in the course of commercial activities.
CONSENT AND COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
GRACE JASMIN does not collect, use or disclose personal information of individuals except when individuals give consent and provide the information on a voluntary basis. Consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, may be express or implied.
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we may collect other personal information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
register for services using our online forms; this may include your name (including business name), address, email address and telephone number;
complete online forms, take part in surveys, post on our message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information or other publications or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or within our application or service;
interact with us using social media;
provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any websites, applications or services we make available or when you update those details; and
contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
We may also collect your information where you only partially complete and/or abandon any information inputted into our website and/or other online forms and may use this information to contact you to remind you to complete any outstanding information and/or for marketing purposes.
Should you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, to continue collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time. You can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to ensure all personal information is accurate, complete and up to date for the purpose the information is being used. However, we will not routinely conduct updates on information in our control unless updates are necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
- provide any information and services that you have requested or any applications or services that you have ordered;
- provide, maintain, protect and improve any applications, products, services and information that you have requested
- manage and administer your use of applications, products and services you have asked us to provide;
- manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities);
- monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, applications and services and provide an enhanced, personal, user experience for you;
- undertake internal testing of our website, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security,
provision and performance, in which case, we would pseudonymize any information used for such purposes,
and ensure is it only
displayed at aggregated levels which will not be linked back to you or any living individual;
- provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crime, illegal or prohibited activities or to otherwise protect our legal rights
(including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes);
- contact you to see if you would like to take part in our customer research (for example, feedback on your use of
our applications, products and services);
- monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that in such circumstances it is on an aggregated basis
which will not be linked back to you or any living individual;
- deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging) or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services;
- deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (for example, social media
- any other such method for the purposes of carrying out our services.
LIMITING COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The collection of personal information is limited to that which is needed for the purposes of delivery of services, research, statistics, and meeting legal and regulatory requirements as described by applicable legislation.
There may be occasions where GRACE JASMIN may require more information to provide recommendations for a product or a service. In such cases, GRACE JASMIN will continue to limit the amount of information collected to only the personal information that is required to provide the individual with the requested information, service or product.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
we may also disclose personal information about an individual for the following reasons:
- subject to the requirements and restrictions, if any, that are prescribed, for the purpose of a proceeding or contemplated
proceeding in which the information relates to or is a matter in issue in the proceeding or contemplated proceeding;
- to a proposed litigation guardian or legal representative of the individual for the purpose of having
the person appointed as such;
- to a litigation guardian or legal representative who is authorized under the Rules of Civil Procedure,
or by a court order, to commence, defend or continue a proceeding on behalf of the individual or to represent
the individual in a proceeding;
- for the purpose of complying with:
- a summons, order or similar requirement issued in a proceeding by a person having jurisdiction to compel
the production of information, or
- a procedural rule that relates to the production of information in a proceeding;
- for risk and error management.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
Should you wish to access your personal information at any time, please feel free to contact us to make a formal request. Please note that there may be a charge associated with availing the information to you.
If GRACE JASMIN refuses the request, in whole or in part, under any legal provision, GRACE JASMIN will give a written notice to the individual stating that GRACE JASMIN is refusing the request, and will provide a reason for the refusal and will state that the individual is entitled to make a complaint about the refusal to the Information and Privacy Commissioner.
You will be notified at the first reasonable opportunity about any theft, loss, or unauthorized use of your personal information.
GRACE JASMIN is accountable for all personal information under its control. Should you have any questions, concerns, or proposed amendments to your personal information, please feel free to contact our designated privacy
GRACE JASMIN is located at 400 Oakwood Avenue, Toronto, M6E 2W3